‘Transformed’ police stations in Odisha from October 2
By Thehindu 15-Sep-2019
- When the nation celebrates the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on October 2, walking into any police station in Odisha may not evoke a sense of nervousness in the mind of the common man as officers won’t dare to ill-treat a complainant.
- As part of its much-talked about ‘Mo Sarkar [My government]’ programme, which would be rolled out from October 2, the Naveen Patnaik government on Saturday announced that the conduct of police officers towards complainants will be linked to their career progression.
- “Our ofﬁcers and police stations exist for the citizens. It is our utmost duty to treat the citizens with dignity, whenever they visit police stations, deal with their complaints in a professional, ethical and humane manner,” he told policemen in all districts through videoconferencing.
- CM added: “We will follow up with the complainant, how he was treated at the station and how his complaint was dealt with.
- Based on the feedback, there will be immediate action appreciating those who are doing good work and initiating action against those who are not,” he added.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know