Congress asks Jakhar to continue as PPCC chief
टीचर यूनियन ने खेल मंत्री को घेरा, धक्का मुक्की के बाद पुलिस ने किया लाठीचार्ज, कई महिला टीचर बेहोश
- Nearly four months after he resigned as Punjab Congress president former Gurdaspur MP Sunil Jakhar was today asked by the party to continue in his position.
- In a letter to Jakhar, AICC in charge of the state Asha Kumari said the Congress had not accepted his resignation and he should continue his “good work as usual”.
- Asha Kumari said in a written communication to Jakhar, who had resigned taking moral responsibility for his defeat in the Gurdaspur parliamentary poll.
- Several office-bearers had resigned in the aftermath of Congress’ Lok Sabha debacle, but all of them are deemed to be continuing in their positions.
- The PPCC is meeting on September 17 to decide on the padyatra on Gandhi jayanti, agitation over the economic crisis and a membership drive.