State to host science conclave named after former CM
GoM to submit report to PM soon: Sawant
- The State government will host a science conclave in December, which is named after the late Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar.
- The event “Manohar Parrikar Vidnyan Mahotsav” with the theme “Science for Vibrant Society” will be organised by government-appointed Executive Committee.
- The order states that the committee will be responsible to oversee and conduct the event, slated to be held on December 13 and 14, while it will also have the powers to take decisions in respect to matters concerning administration besides finalisation of scientist of Nobel laureates.
- The decision on finances will be subject to government approval.
- The chairman will have the power to invite/co-opt officials in the executive committee and requisition staff vehicles as well as seek other logistical support from the State governments, corporations and agencies.