Caste certificate not mandatory for SEBC students in admissions to professional courses
By India Today 19-Oct-2019
Important points from the SEBC category meeting:
- The issue of caste validity certificate for the newly-created SEBC was discussed during the meeting, adding that there was a shortage of staff for providing the caste certificates
- The SEBC category is not a part of the Maharashtra Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), De-notified Tribes (DNT), Nomadic Tribes (NT), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Special Backward Category (Regulation of Issuance and Verification of) Caste Certificate Act, 2000
- Caste validity certificate for SEBC category students should not be insisted till further instructions
- For non-SEBC students, there will be relaxation as per the Supreme Court directives, he added
- The admission process for engineering and other professional courses for the academic year 2019-20 have already begun, according to Vinod Tawde
- The Higher and Technical Education Minister said the meeting of the admission controlling authority was held on Wednesday morning under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know