SC Dismisses the Plea Seeking Use of Hotels for Migrants Amid Lockdown
Also Read: Medical Staff is Facing Severe Shortage of PPE: Satyendar Jain
- The SC dismissed a plea seeking direction for using resorts and hotels for migrant workers walking back to their native places amid lockdown.
- The bench comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and Deepak Gupta said that the court cannot force the govt to listen to all the ideas as people may come up with millions of ideas.
- SG Tushar Mehta appearing for the center said that state govts have already taken over buildings like schools and others to use them as a shelter for migrants.
- Earlier SC directed the center to ensure that migrant workers kept in shelter homes are given food and adequate medical aid.
- It had also asked the Centre to set up a portal within 24 for the dissemination of real-time information on COVID-19 pandemic to counter the panic and fear being spread through fake news.