Nitish Govt Approves Rs 518 Crores For Farmers Affected by Crops Damage
Also Read: Shaky preparedness to deal with the Covid Crisis: Prashant Kishor
- The Bihar govt approved Rs 518.42 Crores for farmers whose crops were destroyed due to untimely rains and hailstorms in March.
- CM said that they would transfer the money directly into the accounts of the affected farmers immediately.
- If the damage is 33% and above the affected farmers will be given Rs 13,500 per hectare.
- They took the decision to at a high-level meeting that was chaired by the chief minister Nitish Kumar.
- Earlier in February, CM announced in the assembly that farmers whose crops were damaged will be provided agriculture input subsidy at the earliest.