Coronavirus: Arvind Kejriwal Bans Political, Religious, and Social Gathering of Over 50 people
Also Read: India Gets a Boost To Develop an Anti-COVID-19 Vaccine
- CM Arvind Kejriwal invoked the Epidemic Diseases Act of 1897 to impose a complete ban on social, religious and political gatherings of over 50 people in Delhi.
- The ban is effective immediately and will also cover protests including the Shaheen Bagh protest.
- Kejriwal said, "If still protestors or other groups continue to gather in large numbers, then appropriate actions under the Epidemic Disease Act will be taken."
- Addressing a press conference Kejriwal said, "It has been decided to order gyms, night clubs and spas also to close as a precautionary measure."
- Talking about quarantine facilities he said, "500 beds that have been kept aside in case there is a need for hospitalization at a large scale."