Union Cabinet Clears the Citizenship Amendment Bill
By India Today 04-Dec-2019
- On Wednesday, the Union Cabinet cleared the Citizenship Amendment Bill for Parliament to take over.
- The Parliament will take up the bill next week which will be tabled in Lok Sabha for clearance.
- This bill will grant citizenship to all non-Muslims refugees who faced religious persecution in Pak, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan.
Also Read: Rajya Sabha Passes Special Protection Group (Amendment) Bill
- In the meeting Rajnath Singh said, the 3 neighboring countries were essentially Islamic nations and so it is non-Muslims who face religious oppression there.
- Criticizing this decision Congress MP Shashi Tharoor said, "I am opposed to the Bill as it is fundamentally against the tenets of democracy."
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know