Token System Will Ruin Odisha Paddy Farmers: Bargarh MP In LS
- Amid the ongoing protests by farmers in Odisha, voices against the State government’s token system in paddy procurement were heard in Lok Sabha today.
- BJP MP from Bargarh, Suresh Pujari in the Lower House today reiterated that the Odisha government’s token system will destroy the entire farmer community in the State.
- He further said, “No state in the country follows the token system in procurement and it will adversely affect the Odisha farmers.”
- Pujari further requested the Speaker to direct the Centre to hold discussions with the Odisha government and resolve the issue by withdrawing the token system as soon as possible.
- On the other hand, farmers in Bargarh today blocked the NH-53 by placing paddy sacks at Godbhaga protesting the token system.
Also Read: Lady PEO Death Issue Takes Odisha Assembly By Storm Again