Andhra Pradesh govt. would announce the prices of the farm produce
Also read: Andhra sand crisis: Government assures availability of sand through newspaper ads
- Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has asked the concerned officials to take every possible measure to avoid losses to farmers.
- The CM made an announcement that the govt. will fix the prices of produce after seeing the expenditure on the particular crop.
- At the meeting, it was also decided that 207 agriculture market committees would be constituted and 56 new rythu bazars would be inaugurated.
- It was also decided that the benefits of the scheme would be extended to farmers who were tilling endowments lands and those who were cultivating in the name of societies.
- So far, 45,20,616 families have benefited under the scheme and Rs 5,185.35 crore was distributed to them.