CJI Office Comes Under RTI Act: Constitution Bench of SC
By Times Of India 13-Nov-2019
- On Wednesday the SC announced that the CJI office is a public authority and falls within the ambit of the Right to Information Act.
- The decision was taken by a constitution bench of 5 judges which was headed bu Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi.
- The constitution bench upheld the 2010 Delhi HC verdict and dismissed 3 appeals filed by the secretary-general of the SC and the CPI officer of the apex court.
Also Read: 17 Rebel Karnataka MLAs Remain Disqualified: SC
- They also said that judicial independence has to be kept in the mind while dealing with transparency.
- Let us tell you that this move to bring the CJI office under the transparency law initiated by RTI activist SC Agarwal.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know