17 Rebel Karnataka MLAs Remain Disqualified: SC
- On Wednesday the SC announced that the 17 rebel Karnataka MLAs will stay disqualified.
- However, the court also canceled the Karnataka assembly speaker's decision to bar the rebel MLAs from contesting elections till 2023.
Also Read: Congress leader DK Shivakumar Hospitalized
- While upholding the decision SC said, "In a parliamentary democracy, morale is equally binding on the govt and the opposition."
- Let us tell you that this judgment will have an effect on the BJP government and also on December by-polls.
- Earlier this year 14 rebel MLAs of Congress and 3 rebel MLAs of JD(S) were disqualified under the anti-defection law by the Speaker in July.