Pinarayi Vijayan: Kerala considering opening pubs
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan indicated that the government was considering opening pubs in the state.
- Since 2016, the CPI(M) government has been easing the state’s liquor policy, contrary to the prohibition applied by the previous Congress government.
- The idea to open pubs comes after the government’s decision to give licence for small breweries that want to make wine and low-alcohol content liquor from locally available fruits.
- The CM said better facilities would be introduced at retail liquor outlets run by state enterprises.
- Steps are taken to ease the hardship faced by consumers, who are forced to stand in long queues.
ALSO READ: ‘Justice should not be denied to poor’: CM Pinarayi Vijayan tells Kerala police