Centre to extend Bhagiratha model in all over the country
Also read: Centre to promote medical devices park
- The Centre is going to examine all possibilities of providing safe drinking water to all households on the lines of Mission Bhagiratha scheme of Telangana State.
- This observation came from none other than the Union Minister for Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Shekhawat after he maintained that providing potable water is the minimum responsibility of the govt.
- Shekhawat also inquired the details about the works taken up as part of Mission Bhagiratha Scheme.
- “Due to Mission Bhagiratha there is a permanent solution to drinking water problem. As on date 23,968 habitations have been covered and only 91 are left in some remote tribal areas”, the CM told the minister.
- CM has also told the Union Minister that the Central government must extend financial help to Mission Bhagiraha Scheme as it also has objective of providing safe drinking water to all.