Centre in no mood to raise coal royalty demand of Odisha
By India Today 09-Nov-2019
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik emphasized the state's demands for an increase in the rates of royalty during the meeting at Lok Seva bhawan.
- He also said that the state government should get a share from the tax collected on coal by the central government.
- But the Centre seems not to be in the mood to consider the Odisha government's demand for revision of coal royalty.
- Over which, Union Coal and Mines Minister Prahlad Joshi on Friday said that it is linked to the power tariff and it is a larger policy decision.
- Prahlad Joshi said, "Since past four years we have introduced District Mineral Fund [DMF] by which all state governments are getting 4.2 %, I have brought it to the notice of the Chief Minister."
ALSO READ: Coal and Mines Minister Pralhad Joshi to take up law & order issue with CM Naveen Patnaik
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know