Coal and Mines Minister Pralhad Joshi to take up law & order issue with CM Naveen Patnaik
- Pralhad Joshi is likely to take up the issue of affected coal production in Talcher and Ib Vally areas of Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (MCL) with CM Naveen Patnaik on Friday.
- The Union Minister, on his maiden visit to the State, is scheduled to meet the Chief Minister at Lok Seva Bhawan where a host of issues pertaining to the mining sector will be discussed.
- The Union Minister will seek the intervention of the Chief Minister for smooth and unhindered production of coal, sources in Coal India said.
- Odisha Power Generation Corporation (OPGC) had to shut down one of its four units of the thermal power plant at Banharpalli in Jharsuguda district due to disruption in coal supply.
- Prior to the meeting with the Chief Minister, Joshi may take a review of Nalco.
Also Read: Dharmendra Pradhan Urges Centre For Jharsuguda-Mumbai Direct Flight