Kerala to provide free high-speed internet connections to the poor
By India Today 08-Nov-2019
- The state cabinet has given a nod for Rs 1,548 crore high-speed internet project in Kerala, named as Kerala Fiber Optic Network (KFON).
- State Government has planned to provide free high-speed internet to over 20 lakh below poverty line (BPL) households by 2020.
- The project will be implemented through Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) and Kerala IT Infrastructure Limited.
- The projects aims to improve the information technology (IT) infrastructure at educational institutions, ports and airports.
- Presently, only 20% of the total mobile towers in the state are connected and once the KFON is implemented all mobile towers will be part of the network.
ALSO READ: Vijayan refuses CBI probe into PSC(Public Service Commission) goof-up
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know