TSRTC strike: JAC urged Centre to intervene
Also read: Dutch Trade Mission Investors meet: several MoU signed b/w Telangana and Netherland
- The TSRTC Joint Action Committee has sought the intervention of Centre in the ongoing RTC workers strike.
- Speaking to the reporters, the RTC JAC convenor E Ashwathama Reddy said that union representatives had briefed the whole situation to the Union Ministers Amit Shah and J P Nadda.
- Reddy maintained that the JAC had sought the help of BJP in making the proposed ‘million march’, aka chalo tank bund programme a success.
- Along with that Reddy also appealed to the other government employees unions to organise a pen-down strike in support of the agitating RTC employees.
- Reddy said the privatisation of TSRTC is not that easy as Centre’s permission is necessary for taking such a step as the latter had a 31 percent stake in the corporation.