WB Government Bans Pan Masala and Gutka Across Bengal
By India Today 01-Nov-2019
- Mamata Banerjee-led TMC government has extended the ban on gutka and pan masala across WB for another year, starting from Nov 7.
- The Health and Family Welfare Department of the state government announced it through a notification dated October 25.
- The ban has been imposed as per provisions of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, in the interest of public health as tobacco or nicotine is injurious to health.
Also Read: Mamata Banerjee Slams BJP Over Comments on Labourers Killed in Kashmir
- TMC Derek O’Brien tweeted, since 2013, the WB government has put a total ban on the manufacture, storage, distribution and sale of gutka and pan masala in the State.
- Gutka ban in West Bengal was first imposed in April 2013 by the Mamata Banerjee government.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know