Mhadei: CM will lead all-party team to Delhi
- CM Pramod Sawant will lead an all-party delegation to New Delhi to meet Union Minister for Environment, Forests and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar on November 4.
- Issue of environment clearance to Karnataka for the diversion of Mhadei waters to its Malaprabha basin through the Kalasa-Bhandura project.
- The CM said we will request to withdraw the October 17 letter to the Karnataka govt. stating that the Kalasa-Bhandura project being a drinking water project does not need environmental clearance.
- The Chief Minister said that Javadekar will also be requested as regards conducting a joint inspection of the Kalasa-Bhandura project works as carried out by the Karnataka government
- We will ensure that there is no violation of the directives of the Mahadayi Water Disputes Tribunal.
Also Read: Govt helpless as illegal sand mining continues