"Will Not Try To Remove BJP Government," Says Kumaraswamy
- Former Karnataka Chief Minister and JD(S) leader HD Kumaraswamy on Sunday said his party would not try and remove the ruling BJP government like the BJP had done to his coalition government and opined that he did not think that mid-term polls would be held.
- He said Leaders of other parties may hanker after power, but not us.
- We fill function as an effective opposition party and hope the ruling BJP gives succor to the flood-affected people.
- The JD(S) leader said he did not think there would be mid-term polls in Karnataka, as constantly being stated by the leader of the opposition and former Chief Minister Siddaramaiah.
- Mr. Kumaraswamy said if the bypoll results led to the collapse of the BJP government, the general elections would be at least six months away.
Also Read: SC Reserved the Verdict on 17 Disqualified MLAs of Congress-JD(S)