SC Reserved the Verdict on 17 Disqualified MLAs of Congress-JD(S)
By News18 26-Oct-2019
- On Friday, the SC reserved its verdict on a batch of petitions challenging the disqualification of 17 Karnataka MLAs of JD(S) and Congress.
- Congress lawyer Kapil Sibal suggested however that "the matter needs to be referred to a Constitution Bench as it raises matters of grave Constitutional importance".
- He made his submission before a 3-judge bench which reserved its judgment on the petition filed by the 17 rebel Congress-JD (S) MLAs challenging Ramesh Kumar's decision.
Also Read: BJP Leaders in Bengaluru Claims Scam in White-Topping
- Some of the disqualified MLAs told the apex court that they have an "indefeasible right" to resign as members of the Assembly.
- They further said that Speaker's action to disqualify them suggest "vengeance" and "mala fide".
क्या करतारपुर कॉरिडोर खोलना हो सकता है ISI का एजेंडा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know