78.96% Polling Recorded in Bijepur Bypoll in Odisha
By Times Of India 23-Oct-2019
- On Monday, a voter turnout of 78.96% was recorded in the by-poll for the Bijepur assembly segment.
- Let us tell you that the turnout has significantly gone down from the by-poll held in February last year in which the turnout was recorded 82.17%.
- This is the third polling in two years to elect an MLA from Bijepur.
Also Read: OTET Results To Be Declared By Nov 21: Odisha Minister
- The segment had witnessed a by-poll in February 2018 necessitated due to the death of then sitting MLA Subal Sahu in August 2017.
- The current bypoll was required after chief minister Naveen Patnaik vacated the seat. Naveen, who was elected from Bijepur and Hinjili, has retained the latter.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know