Modi govt to soon roll out a national policy to tackle problem of stranded marine animals
By ThePrint 22-Oct-2019
- The Modi government is all set to roll out a nationwide maritime policy to address the issue of marine animals getting ‘stranded’ and dying.
- The National Marine Stranding Policy will set up state-level centres to address the issue immediately.
- The country has no standard protocol to deal with a large number of deaths of marine animals.
Also Read: More Muslims got govt scholarships under Modi govt than during Congress-led UPA-2
- A study conducted by the Maritime Research Centre in 2017 found that noise from ships, cargo vessels and trawlers is one of the most common reasons behind the deaths of marine animals caused by stranding.
- The fact that most people involved in rescue operations are untrained magnifies the problem further, since they potentially put their own lives as well as the animal’s life in danger.
क्या करतारपुर कॉरिडोर खोलना हो सकता है ISI का एजेंडा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know