Sikkim witnesses peaceful polling in by-elections
- By-elections for three Assembly constituencies of Sikkim were held peacefully and in a smooth manner on Monday.
- The highest voting percentage was recorded for Poklok-Kamrang constituency in South Sikkim with 80.56 percent.
- This was followed by Martam-Rumtek constituency in East Sikkim with 72.60 percent.
- The lowest voter turnout was recorded for Gangtok constituency in East Sikkim with just 51.97 percent.
- It has to be mentioned here that Sikkim Krantikari Morcha (SKM) president, the chief minister P S Golay is also contesting the by-election from Poklok-Kamrang constituency.
Also Read: BJP not diluting Article 371F: Rijiju assures people of Sikkim