CBI files charge sheet against P Chidambaram, son Karti in INX Media case
- The CBI filed a charge sheet against former Union FM P Chidambaram, his son Karti Chidambaram and 12 others in the INX Media case.
- The charge sheet alleged that the former FM misused his office in giving FIPB (foreign investment promotion board) approval to the INX Media.
- P Chidambaram is currently in ED’s custody for money laundering probe in the INX case.
- The chargesheet was filed in the court of Special CBI Judge Ajay Kumar Kuhar, who will hear the matter on Monday.
- In addition, it also bypassed FIPB to make 26% downstream investment in INX News Private Limited.
ALSO READ: ‘We don’t accept’: Muslim parties deny Ayodhya case settlement report