TMC Govt Allows 4 Universities to Hold Student Union Elections
- After 4 years the West Bengal government has given permission to hold elections in the 4 universities at an appropriate time.
- The Assistant Secretary of Higher Education Dept sent a letter to the Vice-Chancellors of Jadavpur, Presidency, Ravindra Bharti, and Diamond Harbor Women's University.
- Education Minister Partha Chatterjee said they have issued a notification to conduct student union elections of these universities.
Also Read: Congress Spokesperson Arrested for Posting Against TMC Govt: Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury
- The voting schedule will be decided by the concerned university administration.
- Students of Jadavpur University staged a sit-in demonstration and gheraoing demanding the students union elections in 2017 and 2018.