Tripura police officers face the heat for failing to arrest former minister Badal Choudhury
- The BJP government in Tripura on Thursday initiated disciplinary action against a handful of cops of the state for their alleged failure to arrest former PWD minister Badal Choudhury.
- While West Tripura district superintendent of police (SP) Ajit Pratap Singh was placed under suspension, DIG Arindam Nath and SDPO Dhruva Nath have been removed from their posts.
- Raju Reang, who was investigating the PWD minister Choudhury case has also been shunted out from the case.
- The government’s action who faced an arrest warrant for his alleged role in a scam worth Rs. 600 crore in the execution of PWD works.
- Last Sunday, the vigilance department lodged an FIR against Badal Choudhury and two others in connection with the scam.
Also Read: Tripura Government Imposed Complete Ban on Plastic Usage