Tripura Government Imposed Complete Ban on Plastic Usage
- Department of Science and Technology and Environment of Tripura in a notification has imposed a complete ban on the manufacture, storing, transporting, sale and use of plastic carry bags across the state.
- By section 5 of the Environment Protection Act 1986 and also the powers conferred to the state, the government of Tripura has banned the use of plastic.
- The order said, in case of violation of the directions the department has set a chart of penalty to be imposed to ensure effective implementation of the order.
- The penalty is also known as “pollution cost” to be imposed over the permanent shops/establishments is Rs 1,000 in case of the first offense, Rs 2,000 for second and Rs 3,000 for a third subsequent offense.
- According to the notification, for the temporary or mobile shop Rs 500 for the first offense, Rs 1,000 for second and Rs, 1,500 for third or subsequent offense. The individual users would be penalized by Rs 100.
Also Read: FIR against ex-Tripura minister Badal Choudhury in Rs 600-crore PWD scam