ED questions NCP leader Praful Patel over links with Dawood Ibrahim's close aide Iqbal Mirchi
- Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Praful Patel arrived at the Enforcement Directorate (ED) office for questioning in a land deal case linked to fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim's close aide Iqbal Mirchi.
- The ED had summoned Praful Patel in connection with a money-laundering probe linked to the alleged illegal assets of late Iqbal Mirchi.
- Patel, a former union minister in the UPA regime, was asked to depose in Mumbai on October 18.
- The ED is expected to record Patel's statement under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act in connection with a deal between the wife of Mirchi and a real estate company promoted by Patel.
- Praful Patel and his party have denied any wrongdoing in the deal and said that the property papers explain that the transaction is "clean and transparent".
Also Read: Maharashtra elections: Only 13 women contesting in Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad out of 147 candidates