ED questions NCP leader Praful Patel over links with Dawood Ibrahim's close aide Iqbal Mirchi
By NDTV 18-Oct-2019
- Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Praful Patel arrived at the Enforcement Directorate (ED) office for questioning in a land deal case linked to fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim's close aide Iqbal Mirchi.
- The ED had summoned Praful Patel in connection with a money-laundering probe linked to the alleged illegal assets of late Iqbal Mirchi.
- Patel, a former union minister in the UPA regime, was asked to depose in Mumbai on October 18.
- The ED is expected to record Patel's statement under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act in connection with a deal between the wife of Mirchi and a real estate company promoted by Patel.
- Praful Patel and his party have denied any wrongdoing in the deal and said that the property papers explain that the transaction is "clean and transparent".
Also Read: Maharashtra elections: Only 13 women contesting in Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad out of 147 candidates
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know