State govt inks deal with STPI to set up IT Park
- The Goa government on Thursday signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) for setting up an information technology (IT) park at Dona Paula.
- The MoU was signed at the Vibrant Goa Global Expo and Summit 2019, which is underway at the Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Stadium in Taleigao.
- Chief Minister Pramod Sawant told the media that approximately 14,000 square metres of land will be given to the STPI at Dona Paula for creating a startup and IT industry promotion activities in the state.
- STPI is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Electronics and IT, New Delhi.
- Director-General of STPI Dr Omkar Rai said that the kind of facility that will be created by investing around Rs 40 crore would go a long way in promotion of the IT industry, entrepreneurship and startup culture in the state of Goa.
Also Read: Industries will get nod in 30 days: CM