Graded Response Action Plan rolls out, gensets banned
- The Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) will kick in from Tuesday in Delhi and nearby NCR towns, with a ban on all generator sets, except those used for “essential services”.
- This year, the genset ban extends beyond Delhi to Ghaziabad, Noida, Greater Noida, Faridabad, Gurugram, Sonipat, Panipat and Bahadurgarh.
- However, authorities in many of these cities have admitted that the ban order would be difficult to implement.
- The frequency of Metro trains will also be raised.
- The plan also calls for raising parking fee, which too won’t be enforced because charges are yet to be decided under the parking policy.
Also Read: Arvind Kejriwal Seeks View if Women Can be Exempted from Odd-Even norm