Married woman accuses BJP MLA in Arunachal Pradesh of rape
- An FIR has been registered against an BJP MLA in Arunachal Pradesh for allegedly raping a married woman.
- The accused, Goruk Pordung, had allegedly committed the crime at a hotel in Itanagar on October 12.
Arunachal Pradesh villagers near China border forego land compensation for road construction
- In her complaint, the woman alleged Pordung had molested her and eventually, raped her.
- She also alleged that he had asked her not to disclose the incident to any and threatened her with dire consequences.
- The MLA dismissed the allegation and said it was "politically motivated" to tarnish his image.