Arunachal Pradesh villagers near China border forego land compensation for road construction
By Hindustantimes 14-Oct-2019
- Residents of 10 villages in Arunachal Pradesh have decided not to claim compensation for their land for road construction.
- The villages fall under the proposed 150km-long Yingkiong-Bishing two-lane highway that will boost connectivity.
- Bishing village, the last Indian village closest to the McMohan Line, is home to around 100 people.
- Representatives of these villages met CM Pema Khandu at Yingkiong and informed him of their decision.
- According to a state govt. release, the villagers took a decision to not seek compensation so that work on the project starts early.
क्या करतारपुर कॉरिडोर खोलना हो सकता है ISI का एजेंडा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know