NPF counter-attacks NDPP over Citizenship Amendment Bill
- The NPF said the NDPP instead of accepting its shortcomings on the Bill questioned what the then chief minister T.R. Zeliang was doing in 2016 when the state was under his guard.
- The NDPP also asked, “What was the then chief minister T.R. Zeliang doing when the proposed citizenship bill was being formulated in Parliament in 2016?
- The NPF said it was Rio’s bounden duty as the MP from the NPF party representing Nagaland, the voice of the Naga people since the said Bill was referred to the JPC which took over a year.
- The NPF alleged he (Rio) failed to do this because he was ignorant of what was going on in the Parliament.
- The party said the Mizo Accord was followed by special provision of Article-371(G) and Assam Accord gave birth to NRC to safeguard the interest of the indigenous people of Mizoram and Assam.
Also Read: Four-lane NH-29 nowhere near completion, Yepthomi tells Centre