Four-lane NH-29 nowhere near completion, Yepthomi tells Centre
- Nagaland’s lone Lok Sabha MP Tokheho Yepthomi has sought the intervention of Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH), to help complete the project on time.
- Yepthomi apprised the Union Minister of the status of the much-anticipated four-lane road through a letter dated October 8, which was made available to the media on Wednesday.
- Yepthomi wrote: The work is well over the stipulated time and is nowhere near completion.
- He also writes Portions of the road that are completed have already developed potholes, which only shows very poor workmanship undertaken by sub-contractors.
- Yepthomi urged the minister to personally intervene in this matter and look into the unnecessary hardships the people of the state are made to face on a daily basis.
Also read: We Want Early Solution of Naga Political Issue: K Therie