Goa government advances shack allotment date by 5 days
- The state government on Sunday advanced the shack allotment date from October 22 to October 17, so that the shacks are erected as soon as possible.
- Tourism Minister Manohar Ajgaonkar told last week that the government would examine whether shack allotment can be done before October 22.
- Ajgaonkar said that the decision (to advance the allotment date) has been taken in the interest of the tourism industry and shack owners.
- We want to protect the interests of tourists visiting the state so that they can enjoy these facilities on the beaches, he said.
- The Goa government allots 238 shacks in North Goa and 108 shacks in south Goa.
Also Read: Congress, GFP speak out against liquor sale app