Journalists protested against the restrictions on covering Karnataka assembly proceedings
- Members of the media held a protest against the restrictions on covering assembly proceedings.
- The Karnataka assembly secretariat has barred television channels and photojournalists from capturing the scenes inside the House.
- Editors of all Kannada channels, local journalists of all national channels joined the two-hour demonstration against the ban in front of Mahatma Gandhi statue near Maurya Circle.
- Ahead of the three-day winter session, the assembly secretariat announced that cameramen of all private channels and photographers of print media would not be allowed to film the proceedings.
- Former chief minister HD Kumaraswamy made a brief appearance at the protest to expressing solidarity.
Also Read: ED Questions Congress MP DK Suresh Over Money Laundering Case