ED Questions Congress MP DK Suresh Over Money Laundering Case
The NEWS Minute
- The ED questioned Congress MP D.K. Suresh, the brother of Congress leader D.K. Shivakumar in connection with the money laundering case.
- According to sources Suresh, the MP from Bengaluru Rural, was asked to appear before the agency with some specific documents sought by the ED.
- The ED has also questioned Shivakumar's daughter Aisshwarya and Belagavi Rural MLA Lakshmi Hebbalkar in connection with the case.
Also Read: IT Raids Properties of Congress Leaders in Karnataka
- Let us tell you, Shivakumar has been on the radar of the Income Tax Department and the ED since demonetization in 2016.
- An Income Tax search at his New Delhi flat on August 2, 2017, led to the seizure of unaccounted cash amounting to Rs 8.83 crore.