KTC hopes to launch electric vehicles by March 2020
- The Kadamba Transport Corporation limited (KTC) is hoping to launch electric vehicles (EV) in the state by March 2020.
- An expression of interest was submitted by KTC to the Central government under the second phase of the FAME India scheme.
- KTC placed a request for 250 electric buses and has received a green signal for fifty vehicles.
- KTC invited tenders from potential bidders last month for the supply of 50 EVs to operate in Goa.
- There are six companies in the country that currently manufacture electric buses.
Also Read: Bombay high court orders state to finalise coastal plan as soon as possible