Bombay high court orders state to finalise coastal plan as soon as possible
- The high court of Bombay at Goa asked the state government to finalise its coastal zone management plan (CZMP) as soon as possible.
- There has been much criticism in the state over the preparation of CZMP.
- Several village panchayats are holding meetings to discuss and prepare their village CZMP.
- The tribunal asked the state to complete the exercise and submit the plan to the ministry of environment and forest and climate change by November 15.
- Environment minister Nilesh Cabral has already held discussions with the Chennai-based centre as well as with MoEF officials.
Also Read: CM rejects demand for bypass on stilts at Nuvem