KCR’s crackdown on TSRTC strike a reminder of Jayalalithaa’s iron hand strategy
By News Minute 08-Oct-2019
- These are merely a handful of accusations hurled at Telangana CM KCR by the striking State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) employees.
- KCR however refused to have talks with the unions representing 50,000 odd employees, which led to the spilled anger on the streets.
- When public transportation came to a grinding halt after protests, he decided to hire 2,500 buses and recruit staff to ply them.
- He then gave a deadline for employees to return to work and when they didn't, he announced that as of Sunday, the corporation only had 1,200 staff.
Also read: CPM suspends its nominee in Huzurnagar bypolls
- In 2003, then Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, quashed a similar protest in the state and even earned the approval of the Supreme court for her actions.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know