Rights group condemns Mizoram CM’s anti-Chakma statement
Also read: Mizo people are against of CAB : Mizo CM to Shah
- The Rights and Risks Analysis Group (RRAG) condemned the anti-Chakma statement of Mizoram CM Zoramthanga.
- Zoramthanga stated, “I want the NRC because Bangladeshi infiltrators are here in the form of Chakmas”.
- “Such a divisive and inaccurate statement does not behove the office of the CM,” a statement from Suhas Chakma, Director of the RRAG said.
- Earlier, Mizoram home minister R Lalzirliana informed that no illegal settlers have been detected since 2012.
- The Chakmas were listed as a Scheduled Tribes in Assam/Lushai Hills/Mizoram in 1950.