'YSR Vahana Mitra' welfare scheme for auto and cab driver-owners
- CM Jagan launched the 'YSR Vahana Mitra' welfare scheme in Eluru town of West Godavari district.
- The scheme provides an annual cash incentive of Rs 10,000 to drivers of autos, taxis and maxi-cabs, who also own their vehicles.
- The amount is meant to meet maintenance expenses, and for obtaining insurance and fitness certificates among other documents.
- The scheme was a promise made by Jagan during his padayatra before the election in the same town.
- Addressing the gathering, Jagan said, "The YSR Vahana Mitra scheme will provide Rs 50,000 to self-employed drivers in the next five years.”
ALSO READ: Boat tragedy: ex gratia paid to kin of nine victims