Ramesh Chennithala asked Kerala CM to allow CAG to audit KIIFB
By The Times Of India 04-Oct-2019
- Opposition leader Ramesh Chennithala once again wrote a letter to the CM requesting that the CAG be permitted to undertake detailed audit in KIIFB and Kannur International Airport Limited (KIAL).
- The CAG had asked the government permission to audit KIIFB under Section 20 (2) of the Comptroller and Auditor General’s Act, 1971 under the Section 14 of the Act.
- The CAG had subsequently approached the government asking for permission under Section 20 but the government has not yet responded favourably.
- The government has also denied permission for CAG to audit KIAL citing that it is not government company.
- The opposition leader said that since the CAG himself has pointed out the limitations then also government’s version that audit can be undertaken under the section 14 (1) is only to mislead the public.
Also Read: Kerala govt. to amend rules of business
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know