Suspended DGP Jacob Thomas reinstated as Steel and Metal Industries MD
Also read: BJP organisational secretary M. Ganeshan held captive
- The Cabinet meet has decided to reinstate suspended DGP and former Vigilance Director Jacob Thomas to service.
- CM Pinarayi Vijayan signed the letter appointing him as the MD of Steel and Metal Industries.
- Earlier in July, Central Administrative Tribunal had ordered to reinstate Jacob Thoms to service immediately and had issued an order cancelling his suspension.
- However, no further action was taken over by the state government.
- Following that, Thomas filed a contempt of court petition to the Tribunal on which it sought an explanation.