Non-violence can reduce conflict and anger at every levels: Assam Governor
- Assam Governor Prof Jagdish Mukhi said violence and retaliation are deterrent to peace and progress of the society.
- He was speaking at a function of the commemoration of the United Nations International day of Peace and Non-violence in Guwahati.
- He referred to the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi who said non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind.
- The International Day of Non-Violence is observed on October 2, the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- On June 15, 2007 the United Nations General Assembly voted to observe October 2 as the International Day of Non-Violence.
Also Read: Assam govt to start ‘Kritagyata’ scheme