Mamata Government Pays Rs 5 Lakh For Girl's Wedding
- Jayanta Seal one of the displaced residents of Bowbazar received the Rs 5 lakh ex-gratia from WB chief minister Mamata Banerjee.
- He received the cheque from mayor Firhad Hakim.
- Jayanta's house at Durga Pituri Lane was one of the first structures to fall as the TBM hit an aquifer, triggering large-scale subsidence.
Also Read: What is PWD doing: Mamata Banerjee Questions Administrative Authorities of Kolkata
- He has already received the Rs 5 lakh one-time payout that KMRC has been paying for the uprooted families.
- In addition to that, the chief minister had promised another Rs 5 lakh for those whose daughters are due to get married, post the disaster.