Tamang to resign from CM post if EC refuses to lift the ban
By Indian Express 26-Sep-2019
- Prem Singh Tamang has urged the Election Commission (EC) to decide his request for reducing the period of his disqualification before September 30.
- Tamang met Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora and Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra on Wednesday to seek early disposal of his plea.
- If the EC refuses to lift the ban on Tamang, he will have to resign from the post.
- Tamang had approached the Commission to waive the remaining period of his disqualification under Section 11 of the Representation of the People Act, 1951.
- He reiterated the request and urged the Commission to decide the matter before September 30 so that he can contest polls before the six-month deadline ends.
ALSO READ- No press freedom during Chamling’s 25-year rule, alleges Golay
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know