No press freedom during Chamling’s 25-year rule, alleges Golay
- Prem Singh Tamang aka Golay, on Monday, said that Pawan Kumar Chamling was muzzling the press during his 25 year-long rule in the Himalayan state.
- He said the situation will change under the new Sikkim Krantikari Morcha (SKM) government.
- Golay announced the constitution of a Media Welfare Board to look into all areas for development of journalism in Sikkim and promised to construct a new Press Club building in the state capital.
- "They were prevented from writing about the misdeeds of the Sikkim Democratic Front government,” Golay claimed.
- Chamling also diverted several crores of rupees meant for the development of media in Sikkim.
Also read- Ladakh BJP wants to replicate Sikkim Article 371F model in new UT